Saturday, April 30, 2011

Simile and Metaphor

Simile
  • You know how most little kids think they're like cartoon characters.
  • Actually, that's not quite true-right now she doesn't have it, but it's hibernating under her skin like a bear
  • Movement like this are the same kind of vacuum.
  • I turn on the water in the bathtub so it sounds like I'm in there for a reason
  • I avoid like the Black Plague
  • Aner glows around this kid like electricity
  • Trailing her spine, like a line of small blue jewels, are a string of bruises
  • Jesse looks more like me-skinny,dark,cerebal
  • Her mind us running in circles, like a gerbil  on a wheel, the same way mine is.
  • Kate to get honestly excited about things like homecoming and SATs, when there was no gurrantee she'd be around to expperience them.
Metaphor
  • My father says that a fire will burn itself out, unless you open a window and give it fuel.
  • Even if i spend every minute of the rest of my life reading
  • If you don't want to be my sister anymore, that's one thing. But I don't think I could stand to lose you as a friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment